We’re looking for producers interested in collaborating with some of Scotland’s most exciting emerging filmmakers!
Producers – we need you! We’re partnering with GMAC Film to put together a database of experienced producers that are looking to collaborate with Scotland-based writers and directors.
As we gear up for another year of supporting up-and-coming filmmakers in Scotland through our annual short film scheme – Sharp Shorts – GMAC Film are also nurturing new talent through their micro-budget short film commissioning scheme Little Pictures.
Sharp Shorts supports writers, directors and producers to create inspiring, engaging and boundary-pushing short films (live action and animation) that resonate with audiences worldwide.
16 projects have been selected for the development phase of the scheme, leading up to the opportunity to pitch for production funding. You can find out more about the shortlisted filmmakers here.
Little Pictures nurtures new talent to make their first funded film in fiction, documentary, animation or experimental genres. It encourages new filmmakers to develop their voice, take creative risks and will help to kick start and develop film talent from across Scotland.
We’re now looking for producers who are interested in working with the Sharp Shorts or Little Pictures teams to help bring their projects into production.
The form will ask you for a short biography, personal statement, CV, examples of your previous work and links to your channels/social media platforms (where relevant).
We’ll use this information to gather a better picture of producing talent in Scotland and to help us identify what scripts and projects might be a good match for you.
After you’ve completed the form, your details will be kept on file and we’ll reach out when producing opportunities become available through Sharp Shorts or Little Pictures.
To be eligible for upcoming producing opportunities through Short Circuit or GMAC Film, you must:
- Be based anywhere in the UK, but must commit to working in Scotland when required (Please note: Only Scotland-based producers are eligible to work across Little Pictures)
- Be over 18
- Not be in full time education
- Have a demonstrable track record in production management, co-ordination or development
- Have relevant transferable skills, e.g. event co-ordination
- Have at least one producing credit on any work of fiction (including student films) or equivalent experience of production in documentary, TV, commercials, music video, radio, theatre or any other form of visual entertainment, performance or media
This call out closes on Wednesday 11th August 2021.